The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is the first of five Sherlock Holmes short story collections by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. First published in book form on October 14, 1892, it contains the twelve stories originally published in the Strand Magazine between July 1891 and June 1892.
The following stories are included in the collection.
- "A Scandal in Bohemia"
- "The Red-Headed League"
- "A Case of Identity"
- "The Boscombe Valley Mystery"
- "The Five Orange Pips"
- "The Man with the Twisted Lip"
- "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle"
- "The Adventure of the Speckled Band"
- "The Adventure of the Engineer's Thumb"
- "The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor"
- "The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet"
- "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches"
Other short-story collections in the series:
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (1893)
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1905)
- His Last Bow (1917)
- The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes (1927)