Fante wrote, among other topics, on the subjects of poverty, Catholicism and sport. Most of his works are set in Colorado or California.
- Wait Until Spring, Bandini (1938)
- Ask the Dust (1939)
- Dago Red (1940), short story collection
- Full of Life (1952)
- The Brotherhood of the Grape (1977)
- Dreams from Bunker Hill (1982)
- 1933 Was a Bad Year (posthumously, 1985; incomplete)
- Road to Los Angeles (posthumously, 1985)
- West of Rome (posthumously, 1986)
- The Big Hunger (posthumously, 2000), short story collection
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.