Cokie Roberts is a journalist, news analyst on NPR (U.S. National Public Radio), political commentator ABC News and author. Her books include We Are Our Mother's Daughters, Ladies of Liberty and Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation. She is an expert on U.S. politics and often reports on the Supreme Court decisions. Ms Roberts grew up around Washington D.C. Her father, Rep. Hale Boggs (D-La.), was House majority leader when he disappeared in a plane crash in 1972. His body has never been found, and he was presumed dead. Ms Roberts has also co-authored some books with her husband, Steven V. Roberts.
Honors and awards
- three Emmys
- inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame
- one of the fifty greatest women in the history of broadcasting (American Women in Radio and Television)
- multiple books on The New York Times bestseller list
- U.S. Library of Congress named her a "Living Legend"
- Wikipedia's article on Cokie Roberts
- Cokie Roberts on NPR site